Fact: Phil Burress who has been traditionally an advocate against Mike Dewine, backed him in 2010 through CCV Action.
- We can bring about change alright, and what’s surfacing now is what happened to Mike DeWine, Senator Mike DeWine, when he opposed us in 2004. I chaired the marriage amendment in Ohio to change the constitution here in Ohio and Senator DeWine came out against us. And he’d been in the Senate for, I think, two or three terms, and obviously that cost him his election. When he ran again, he got beat because he switched his position. http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ohio-anti-gay-leader-encouraged-portman-put-son-ex-gay-therapy-vows-fight-his-reelection
- Burress ran ad opposing DeWine, supported his opponent in 2005 primaryhttp://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=799&dat=20050601&id=6KVNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iEkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5299,3296375
- Conservative Christian powerbroker Phil Burress keeps an inch-and-a-half thick notebook on his desk detailing every one of GOP Sen. Mike DeWine’s votes in Washington, and he doesn’t like what’s in it.”He’s wrong on so many issues,” said Burress, who heads Citizens for Community Values, a suburban Cincinnati group in the forefront of movements against abortion rights and gay marriage.Burress added in an interview Tuesday that he even has DeWine’s old voter registration records, and claims they show that DeWine was a Democrat when he first registered to vote.
”I’ve often wondered, ‘Who is the real Mike DeWine?” Burress said.http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/index.html#123222
- CCV Action endorses DeWine. http://www.ccvaction.org/election-update/
Fact: Stephanie McCloud is Phil Burress’s daughter
1) From: Phil Burress (Proud Dad)
Based on the results of the attached poll, my daughter, Stephanie McCloud
Fact: After the endorsement, McCloud was named part of DeWine’s transition team.
- Attorney General Transition 2010 – 2011 (1 year) http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephanie-mccloud/13/590/31b
Fact: McCloud donated more to DeWine than is allowed for a special counsel, but was then refunded the money.
- By law, individuals seeking special counsel work are limited to no more than $1,000 in contributions. – http://dispatchpolitics.dispatch.com/content/blogs/the-daily-briefing/2014/01/1.29.14-dems-and-dewine.html#sthash.bI6i41jO.dpuf
|MCCLOUD STEPHANIE||912 ROSEHILL ROAD||REYNOLDSBURG||OH||43068-1766||-||07/06/2012||$2,500.00||-||STEPHANIE MCCLOUD||MIKE DEWINE FOR OHIO|
|MCCLOUD , STEPHANIE||912 ROSEHILL ROAD||REYNOLDSBURG||OH||43068-1766||2012||ANNUAL (JANUARY)||09/28/2012||$2,500.00||-||Refund||MIKE DEWINE FOR OHIO|
Fact: Stephanie McCloud had special counsel work in 2013 that paid her $85,891.95 in August 2013.
- Records request.